Monday, 22 June 2009

Water Girl (again)

Sister was back for a vacation.

S: Oh, I saw the girl from the (censored) floor today when I was going out.

#9: Yeh?

S: Yeh, well she's a little chubby now, and not that cute anymore when she was younger.

#9: Yeh.

(Well she's still pretty hot, but if she's going to look like her mother in old age, forget it.)

S: She looks quite weird.

#9: She doesn't look like she has a boyfriend.

S: I don't think so.

#9: I could have been her boyfriend if she didn't reject immediately. For not following in the way of Christ. She doesn't seem very smart, does she?

S: Doesn't look like it.

#9: She had a chance. I gave that chance to her, and why didn't she take it? She didn't know? Didn't understand?

(pause)

#9: We wouldn't have worked out, right? If she's not as smart as I am?

S: Yeh it wouldn't have worked out. She's weird anyway.

#9: Maybe she knew that it was over. Maybe she knew that even if she didn't reject me it would have been doomed. A shame.

1. I must have said this much when I was 10 years younger: when a man sees a beautiful woman, there is this image of beauty in his mind, but as much as it is the woman is beautiful, the guy is making up the beautiful stuff as well. For no girl is as beautiful as the one embellished by the imagination of the male. In short beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

2. The distressing thing about growing older is that the girls you knew when they were younger and more gorgeous turn out to be distressingly ordinary. I suppose heaven is where all girls look the way they looked at 23.

3. Some people say, nothing ventured, nothing gained. All you have to do is try. But what they're really saying is "all I had to do was try". This doesn't work for everyone. I see people get in and out of relationships on a distressingly regular basis, without much learnt or much gained. If at first you don't succeed, try again, that is true. But many people forget: you have to try something new. OK, let's not talk about people like me who have basically done nothing, but sometimes merely trying again is not the answer.

1 comment:

Shingo T said...

Her not giving you a chance? Why not you consider giving her another chance, since she appears to be less marketable now? =p