Tuesday, 5 February 2008

Yahoo Auctions

Motherfucking Yahoo Auctions.

Was wondering why I hadn't sold some of the things I had listed for sale, certain stuff that I thought people would grab a chance to buy at the price I was offering it for. Then I realised that the problem is with their search function. Like you list out 120 items and only 50 of them can be searched, the rest of them are as good as invisible.

Wrote them a few complaint emails and I got shit like:

We would like to reassure you that we are investigating the problem you
reported. We apologize for any inconvenience, and appreciate your patience and
understanding on this matter.
If you have other concerns that I can assist you with, don't hesitate to reply to this message. I will be happy to help you, for your satisfaction is our main goal.


I think they forgot the "PS we think that you are a gullible sucker to believe this."

So I thought, maybe I will just take down the unsearchable listings and use my bulk loader to put them up again as fresh listings. Then I found out that they disabled the bulk loader.

You got to be very careful about these things: They just closed down Yahoo Auctions in the USA. Because Yahoo is a more frequented auction site in Singapore than eBay, they can't close this down. But I don't know how long they're going to keep Yahoo going, given that there are no more synergies with the USA counterpart.

Are they intending to kill Yahoo Auctions? I don't mind it if Yahoo's lousier than other auction sites because it's free. But I find it a bit hard to take this shit lying down.

I'm including the words Microsoft, takeover, buy-out, merger, so that people will search one or more of the above and stumble upon this article and find out for themselves how screwed up Yahoo auctions is.

Number nine would like to wish his readers a motherfucking happy Chinese New Year.

No comments: