Sunday, 17 February 2008

Rob Hughes / Pantene

Just bought myself a new bottle of shampoo. Apparently I got it at 10% off but I was buying it in Raffles City which means that 10% off means what you'd expect to pay for it in a HDB estate. It's Pantene Pro V total body care which is nice except that I wish that the name doesn't sound like I'm smearing some poor girl's underwear over my head.

Here's an interesting article about the African Cup of Nations, written by Rob Hughes who often writes for the Straits Times. Interestingly it appears that a Singaporean syndicate attempted to bribe Benin and Namibia to throw matches. (And why wouldn't they since they're minnows and everybody expects them to lose anyway.) That's great! Who says that Singaporeans don't have entrepreneural spirit? And I was thinking, "well, let's see whether he reports all that stuff in the Straits Times".

Suddenly it hit me: I have often been put off by his seemingly high handed and moralistic tone when talking about the excesses of the English Premier League. But then I realised that the Straits Times is probably one of the very few outlets he has to bitch about the EPL, since he couldn't possibly do it in any of the British papers that he writes for. So if you write for the Straits Times, bitch about England, and vice verca. That's fabulous.

But don't expect me to read any more articles of him bitching about the EPL on the Straits Times. It's getting bloody boring.

No comments: