Saturday, 24 October 2009

This is Hardcore

The CD player I bought from totoro 3 years ago has died. It didn't exactly die die. It was always a piece of crap. The CD door just stopped working one day, although it could still play stuff. But I think it was high time to chuck it.

The CD that was stuck inside was one that I don't play very often, but it's an album made about reaching your 30s and feeling that your life is going downhill all the way from now on.



A fairly highly regarded piece of work artistically, but this was a piece of work made under emotional turmoil: Jarvis Cocker had just become famous after more than 10 years of obscurity, but the lifestyle of hobnobbing with the famous (and all the bullshit that went with it) was starting to take its toll: it culminated in this especially infamous incident where he showed his backside to Michael Jackson (ie the moonwalker was mooned):



If your CD player could only play 1 album, it shouldn't be "This is Hardcore" by Pulp. That's bad. Not really something you want on constant rotation. So at the suggestion of the colleague, I took it apart with my screwdriver, and took out the CD. Now that the damn thing is out of my CD player I feel better.

No comments: