Saturday, 17 October 2009

Nap

I was trying to get to sleep after a Saturday morning run. It should have been easy. Sleeping is really easy right after you've done a run. Just as I was drifting off to sleep, my father called me on the phone. My grandmother picked it up, and started screaming my name, not knowing where I was. (She's blind and immobile, so that's the only thing she could do.) I didn't want to take it because I was asleep, I didn't get up because I wanted to sleep. But she was oblivious to it and was screaming my name for a couple of minutes. Then suddenly something pierced through the fog of consciousness, and she decided to give up, and when she tried to talk to the receiver, my father was gone, he probably figured out before she did that I was trying to sleep.

After that, I tossed and turned for almost an hour. It would have been so easy to sleep, but suddenly it wasn't. I was very pissed off.

I wonder whether that's what having kids is like.

No comments: