Sunday, 16 September 2007

The finger

I think that sometimes you just got to assert yourself.

Like there was this time I was crossing Adam Road, and you know it's in the vicinity of a lot of spoilt rich brats who live in Bukit Timah. I was jaywalking across it (dun worry, only 1 car was there) when the car, that was on the far lane, flashed its lights at me and accelerated so that he could get me to move away a bit faster. I stopped for a split second, and showed him the finger. I think I could hear him pop a vessel while he was horning me furiously and I stepped aside with a few seconds to spare (that's how far away he was). Really pissed off with this guy. He was furiously horning as he passed by.

That was one thing. Something even more alarming happened today.

I was crossing the road, maybe taking my own sweet time, but I had just run 12km and my legs were just about ready to give way, so I may have been slow to get out of the way of a lorry carrying LPG tanks, getting out of his junction. That motherfucker drove up near to me to hurry me along, and I wasn't having any of it. (I had seen my mother drive up to a pedestrian to shoo him off and I got really disgusted with her behaviour. )

As he drove away, I turned and showed him the finger. Then suddenly I got alarmed when he stopped the lorry on the opposite side of the road and got out. He wanted to pick a fight with me! Motherfucker was as combustible as the goods he was delivering. I had my 2 jogging buddies with me and we could definitely take him on, but we weren't ever going to have anything on our criminal records. So I had no choice but to put my hand up, and he, that despicable motherfucker won a small victory.

Goddamn. I would have liked to hack him to pieces!

No comments: