Sunday, 8 November 2009

Football Betting Season 2 Weeks 9

First, I think this is one of the line ups of the Premier League which has the most number of former champions I have seen in a while.

Here is the line up, and next to each former champion, the last time they won the league.

Chelsea (2006)
Arsenal (2004)
Manchester United (2009)
Tottenham Hotspur (1961)
Aston Villa (1981)
Manchester City (1968)
Liverpool (1990)
Sunderland (1936)
Stoke City
Burnley (1960)
Fulham
Wigan Athletic
Blackburn Rovers (1995)
Everton (1987)
Birmingham
Bolton Wanderers
West Ham United
Wolverhampton Wanderers (1959)
Hull City
Portsmouth (1949)

Well, actually, the number is the same as last year, since 2 former champions were relegated - Newcastle (1927) and WBA (1920) and were replaced by Wolves and Burnley. Plus there were a few clubs that won the league before and played in a premiership a few years ago but funnily enough nobody seems to know where they are now: Sheffield Wednesday (1930), Derby (1975), Sheffield United(1898), Leeds (1992), Ipswich (1962).

So why am I telling you all this? IT's to distract from the fact that I had another depressing weekend at the bookies. It sounded like a sensible decision. Bet on Man City to win against Burnley, who are fading after a bright start. Bet on Arsenal to beat Wolves. Well Arsenal are in good shape now, and can wipe the floor with most of their opponents, including Man U. But Man City - what can I say? I was following the match on the internet while doing other surfing.

Burnley scored - I said "SHIT". Burnley scored again, I said "SHIT" again. Then Man City pulled 1 back before the break. I willed Man City on to score 2 more, and I knew they were capable of it. This they did. Then I went off to watch "Interview with the Vampire", one of those unwatched VCDs I have lying around and not doing anything. Then I turned on my computer again - "FUCK!" Burnley equalised and it was a draw!!! FUCK FUCK FUCK!

Man City - I write them off for now. They were good enough to beat Arsenal a few months ago, now it looks as though they might not even crack the top 4. Is there nobody you can rely on nowadays?

No comments: