Saturday, 22 August 2009

Football (non) betting season 2 week 2

It's been a very painful week for me. I had terrible luck.

Man U vs Birmingham, at least I won that.

I bet on Liverpool to beat Tottenham, and I lost that.

I bet on Wigan to beat Wolves, and I lost that.

I bet on Man U to beat Burnley, and I also lost that.

For Liverpool vs Tottenham, I thought that Tottenham were a weaker team, with half of their defence out injured. I was wrong. Liverpool choked against Tottenham, who is showing themselves up to be some kind of a season.

Wigan managed to beat Aston Villa, so I thought that it would be easy against Wolves. But to my surprise, Wolves beat Wigan in what was one of the big upsets of the season.

But that upset was overshadowed by another one: Burnley beat Man U. It would have been an upset even if it were merely a draw. As it is, this was a truly crazy result.

I had betrayed one of my central tenets: bet on form, not reputation. The corollary to that is, if you do not know what the form is, don't bet. Which means: don't bet so early in the season. I think for the next few weeks, I will not do any football betting.

I'll just do paper betting to see what I would have won if I had bet on those things.

I'll bet on Arsenal to beat Portsmouth at 1.07 (miserable, I know but still...)
Manchester City to beat Wolves at 1.22
Everton to beat Burnley at 1.93
Tottenham to beat West Ham at 1.95.

See how that goes.

No comments: