Sunday, 16 August 2009

Football (non) betting season 2 week 1

I didn’t bet on anything this weekend. I was about to go to the Singapore Pools shop when I felt tired and went to sleep instead.

Anyway, here’s what I would have bet on this week.

Croatia to beat Belarus. I would have won this.
USA to eat ball against Mexico. I was queasy about backing USA against Mexico. Surely enough, USA got beaten by 1 goal.
Chelsea to beat Hull: this would have been very close.
Fulham to beat Portsmouth: this happened, but it was close
Liverpool to beat Tottenham: we’ll see about this.
Man U to beat Birmingham: ditto.
Everton to eat ball vs Arsenal: normally you bet on eat ball when you don’t really know the outcome of a match, and when both sides are perceived to be equally strong. This was emphatically not the case, as the final score was Everton 1 Arsenal 6.

No comments: