Sunday, 10 May 2009

Football Betting Week 4

Not a very good week for me when it comes to betting. In the middle of the week I bet on Hull to eat ball vs Aston Villa and that was OK. I also bet on the Young Lions to win against a Cambodian football side and I lost. I simply did not do my homework on that one.

After that I resisted invitations from fat boy to bet on matches in mid week. The Champion's League semi finals - you never knew what was going to happen in them. Good to watch, bad to bet on.

Anyway, here are the results from this week's betting:

I got Bochum to eat ball against Hertha Berlin. This is bad: Berlin beat Bochum by 2 goals. I suppose I read it somewhere that Berlin seldom beats any team by more than 1 goal, but if I didn't think highly of Bochum, then I shouldn't have bet on them to eat ball.

Hoffenheim vs Cologne was another unexpected result. I bet on Cologne to eat ball vs Hoffenheim. It's true that Hoffenheim have lousy form, but if I did more homework I would have realised that Cologne also have lousy form. In the end, I also lost this bed. Hoffenheim beat Cologne by 2 goals.

Good old reliable Dortmund beat Karlsruhe for me. That was good. You could also count on Liverpool to beat West Ham. (I thought this would be close, but 3 goals? Damn.) Stoke to eat ball vs Hull - can you imagine Hull thrashing Stoke? (In the event, Stoke won. )

There are some bets that I'm glad I didn't make. Like, Leverkusen to win against Bielefield. (They didn't.) Or for Portsmouth to eat ball vs Blackburn. Or Wigan to win against WBA. Now is a very bad time to bet against WBA because suddenly they're improving, suddenly they're the team who doesn't want to be relegated.

There's 1 more bet I made. That is for Schalke 04 to beat Monchengladbach. If I win that bet, I will be even for this week. Otherwise, I will either have to impose stricter discipline on myself and have a stricter criterion for the bets I'm willing to make, or review whether or not my strategy is working at all. Because this week could be the week that I wipe out all the profits I've made over the last few weeks.

No comments: