Sunday, 30 December 2007

Last Christmas

Last December was a happy month. 4 of my friends got married. And I say I am happy for them because they are the engineer sort, which means while other people have more colourful lives, I think they are the steady down to earth sort of people who are easily satisfied, and are therefore the most likely to have long and fulfilling unions.

I am old enough to understand that the sturdiest and most enduring types of happiness are also the most "boring". I hope that I'm not jinxing them or anything.

I think that Capricorns are supposed to be happier when they grow old. (Up to a certain point because beyond a certain age life never gets better, which is why death is not always a tragedy - the real tragedy is the passing of time.) I think in a way this is a very optimistic view of things, that things get better when you grow older. It could be the very best thing of all.

No comments: