Sunday, 26 April 2009

Football betting week 2 part 2

I have deviated from my policy and every time I do that there will be consequences. I usually bet when top teams meet lousy teams but I actually deviated when I bought Leverkusen to beat Karlsruhe. So the bottom side has won. I should be very wary of bottom sides at the end of the season because bottom sides are usually the ones with more motivation than mid table sides. I broke the rule that said that mid table sides do not have anything to play for at the end of the season.

I'm glad I didn't bet Everton vs Man City. Normally Everton would win because Man City are shit away. But it's always dangerous to bet against sides which have Stephen Ireland and Robinho in them. It's dangerous to bet on a side who have just played Chelsea and Man U, and are tired. Another rule: Brazillians are better when winter is over. Except when, like Elano, they are Brazilians from the Ukraine.

I'm also glad I didn't bet Fulham vs Stoke - Stoke to eat 1.5. Yes, I would have won, but that would be cutting it close. Maybe I should have bet on Fulham to beat Stoke. Except that Stoke are such a hardy team I don't like betting against them.

So Liverpool beat Hull. Good. And I have lost $10 betting on Leverkusen. If Arsenal win against Middlesborough tomorrow I will cut my losses. Otherwise I would have lost back all the money I won last week.

The other thing is that I have made an extremely foolish gamble. In the middle of the week I drove to a kopitiam to watch Liverpool vs Arsenal. There was a parking warden in the carpark next to the kopitiam. At 3 in the morning! So I drove off and parked at a further away multi storey car park - without the coupon and I was safe. But today I went to the same car park, blithely ignored the fact that the carpark was empty - and I got punished for taking a stupid risk.

OK, the match that I watched was good. Just like the Liverpool - Arsenal match. I missed the first 3 goals but there were also 4 great goals. Man U have their mojo back, and their form no longer suggests that they will screw up.

Edit: Arsenal beat Middlesborough. What a relief!

No comments: