Saturday, 5 January 2008

ICT

I can't believe that time flies. I'm halfway through my ICT requirements. Actually considering that I've only completed 3 highs out of 7 it is maybe not really that, but well already collected my 5 year medal.

We had chemical warfare training. I guess they're going to whack me for saying this, but I don't really think it's a secret. It probably was 10 years ago but not anymore. Chemical biological suits are great for comic effect. Had a hoot during practice. They even taught us how to pee using a chemical suit, which I thought was funny, but based on what I've read about real war, peeing and shitting are serious business because neglecting your hygiene in war time is not a good thing: in a prolonged conflict, disease kills more soldiers than enemies.

I'm not going to describe the steps here but it is very very mafan. You got to be careful about just about everything, where you put your gloves, about whether the inside of the suit touches anything on the outside, what you do with your hands. Then again, once you've kenna'ed nerve gas, you won't have to worry about anything because all your shitting will be done for you automatically.

There was also this combat shot, where you would have a section of people engaging targets appearing at random (the only thing you know is that there will be the same number of targets as shooters, and that they are either figure 12s or figure 11s). Scoring would be done on a section basis and so would marksmanship be awarded. The day shoot was deceptively easy with everybody doing very well on targets which were really easy. (Compared to what we were used to, we were in an easy position, targets were large, and distance was small.) However when we had to do the same thing at night, things were different. Most of the comments I heard about the night shoot were one of these 3: "Kuah boh", "bor marksmen liao" and "kanina".

No comments: