Friday, 25 April 2008

Problem solving methodology

Problem:

When Portsmouth made it to the semi-finals of the FA cup, together with the likes of such great teams as Barnsley, Cardiff and West Bromwich Albion, none of which are premiership sides, I had this strange feeling in my gut that Portsmouth were going to win the FA cup. I looked at the odds: 1.75. Not spectacular but not bad for something that was in my mind a done deal. So I went out to buy the ticket. Portsmouth to win the FA cup, which means they don't even have to win the match outright, I will still get the money if it goes to extra time, penalties, etc.

Since then Portsmouth got into the final by knocking out WBA, which is good. But glancing at the schedule tells me that for the 2-3 weeks following the FA cup final I will not be in Singapore.

Solution:

I give the bet ticket to my mother and tell her Happy Mothers Day and by the way you are a Portsmouth fan now because if Cardiff win you get nothing.

No comments: