Tuesday, 27 November 2007

Projects part 1

Around the time when I was pri 6 I decided that I would engineer a series of pranks that would be the crowning achievement of my then young life. I can remember 3 of them.

You may not laugh a lot about them now but I have to honestly tell you that they were downright hilarious in the day. The first prank came about when I noticed that some of the magazines I came across had advertisements for a new (this was almost 20 years ago) product called tampons. Then they had this cut out which said, "send me a free sample!"

So I usually took my friends' names and feminised them, then put in their addresses. Justin would become Justina. Paul would become Pauline. Lincoln would become Lynn. Then I mailed them out and watched the fun pile up.

Didn't get a reaction, and so I tried again. Until I got a call from Justin who told me, "I have here on the table in front of me 3 packages wrapped in pink. Now my older sister thinks that this is great that she has something to use but I am hopping mad. If this happens again I'm reporting you to the principal."

Well guess it had to end but I had great fun.

Lying in bed at night I had to think about my next plan. This involved sending fake radio dedications to other people. It got boring after a while. Some people told me they heard the radio dedications on the air but I never managed to catch something that I sent out. It was time for my third and crowning achievement which would be discussed in a blog post coming your way soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha! it's all fun and games until someone dies!

7-8 said...

goddamn. Stop giving spoilers away.