Saturday, 4 August 2007

Postage labels

Very irritated. Woke up from uneasy dreams this morning (no, not turned into an insect) to realise 2 things: I have to be at the jogging place in 5 minutes, and that $10 worth of stamps are in the fucking laundry.

I found out that the auto car was taken, I'd have to take the manual car down. It was bad. Driving there was OK but when I had to parallel park on the slope it was a bit of a nightmare. Luckily there was a stretch where there weren't any cars, so it became real easy. But when I drove back I found myself unable to engage my clutch and take off on first gear at one busy junction. 1 minute of panic followed accompanied by a chorus of honking. My jogging friend said back in the car behind mine, quietly amused. Finally I was able to take off and my minute of hell was over.

Sister called up. If it's not enough to break up with your boyfriend in a strange land she told me about her nightmare medical student schedule of 21 hours X 6 days a week. Anybody still want your kids to be doctors?

I got to figure out what to do with my fucking postage labels. They're out now, I'm glad I got them out when they were still wet, and I could separate them. But I make the stupid error of putting them on my desk sticky side down. Luckily it was a varnished table and I could peel them off. But now all the ink on it is washed off and I need to put some value back onto the fucking labels. I could do the honest thing and put on what it was worth ($2) or I could jack the value up a bit. Are there any experienced counterfeiters who can help me with this? I thought that they did heat printing on these things and it couldn't be washed off. Goddamn it.

No comments: