Friday, 10 August 2007

Encounter

I was forced to go to work on time 1 week ago, and by chance I bumped into Water Girl again. After such a long time of not bumping into her.

I chatted her up and got her to tell me about the work she's doing. She blanched a bit and told me she was still half asleep.

Funnily enough when I told her that she looks so much less like a teenager these days she lit up and started to talk about how her hair is shorter now. I guess young women are always hiao.

I would always wonder if I could get her. Is it wrong to hit on someone when you're hitting on someone else? But I think I'd draw the line on hitting on other chicks when you've already got another one in the bag. So long as Shorty (as she will henceforth be known) is not in the bag yet...

When you're looking back on people you used to have a crush on, crushes always wear off over time. Then maybe they are less appealing to you. Yes, perhaps their flaws were visible to you from the very start, but you didn't know how things would play out. For example you might have this funny pain in your knee and you don't know how it would affect you when you're playing a football match.

She's very much of an introvert. Maybe too much so. A moody one. Hot but moody. Her whole family is moody. Is she too religious? Too serious? These things could have been attractive to me a long while back. But I may be looking for somebody sunnier now. Sunny people are more resilient.

I used to go for people who were broody / moody, but I'm not sure now. Will these people be too selfish to open themselves up more? Are they that way because they're unimaginative? How moody can a truly imaginative person be?

I used to go for people who were artistic and literary. But would they walk around with their heads up their arse too much for their own good? There is a character in an upcoming PIXAR film who's a bit like that. a food critic who started off loving food, but ended up with his head up in his ass.

I used to go for complex people but I think I only needed to understand complexity for the sake of gaining knowledge about people. There are people out there who just have this knack of making things simple and so much the better for them.

No comments: