Saturday, 16 January 2010

Cubicles

I’ve sat in 2 different cubicles. I don’t believe in Fengshui, but I believe that your cubicle influences your fate. Actually I sat in a 3rd cubicle for a few weeks before I was kicked out by some other guy who had to expand his office, and what do you know, he himself eventually got kicked out of his office too.

The fate of the first cubicle that I sat in is that they are not suited for work at my company. The first person who sat in that seat left before long. I languished in that cubicle for 3 years before earning the right to move out. Honest face took over my seat that the cubicle, and he did well in his job. But he left the company before he could get rotated. Then a 3rd guy went there, got rotated, but he got in over his head, so he came back.

What I believe is that the fate of my second cubicle is this: people who move on from this cubicle will move into better things. That cubicle was occupied by people whose intelligence and drive I respect. So I’m glad to be amongst their number. One of them is now a professor, and the other two are managers. This is wishful thinking, that I’ll do well if and when I leave my company, I suppose.

The cubicle that was occupied by ghost - . The first one there was Water tap, who you know is doing pretty well right now in another department. The second one was another guy who went to another department and also did well. Then there was ghost, and I can’t tell how well he did in that other department because he didn’t stay long. And now, it is occupied by somebody who’s actually in that other department – call him solar power.

(btw I was in solar power’s cubicle the other day, and on the white board, were written 2 large words. “Listen. Understand.” Those are very wise words. I have always felt that the other department people (yes I’m using “other department” as a code word and you should know the meaning of that code word by now) have a kind of wisdom, a keen grasp and understanding of how things are going to work in real life. Some abilities I wish my own bosses had.)

I was thinking about the people who sat in Shingot’s cubicle. The first one moved out soon, and shingot took his place. Then shingot had a long stay in that cubicle, and now he’s replaced by somebody else. Not sure what these 3 people have in common, but I think they do work that is well regarded in the company.

Nat’s old cubicle, the one where he stayed for the longest time – I can’t tell what that cubicle means, since the last one who occupied his cubicle was somebody who was a rising star until an unfortunate incident curtailed his rise. Then he had to leave the company and he prospered outside.

His new cubicle was unoccupied for a long time, but the only other person who used that one on a permanent basis was a chick who left the company for a lucrative job.

Anyway, that other day I was doing a tarot reading on various things. So I decided to do a tarot reading about my current work. It was sufficiently accurate that I’m including it here (although some parts are wrong.) I especially like the chariot part – success through hard work.

The card not shown but at the center of the cross, represents the atmosphere surrounding the central issue. Four of Swords, when reversed.

The card visible at the center of the cross represents the obstacle that stands in your way - it may even be something that sounds good but is not actually to your benefit. The Tower

The card at the top of the cross represents your goal, or the best you can achieve without a dramatic change of priorities. The Chariot.

The card at the bottom of the cross represents the foundation on which the situation is based. The Moon.

The card at the left of the cross represents a passing influence or something to be released. Two of Wands, when reversed.

The card at the right of the cross represents an approaching influence or something to be embraced. Seven of Swords .

The card at the base of the staff represents your role or attitude. Queen of Cups.

The card second from the bottom of the staff represents your environment and the people you are interacting with. Knight of Swords, when reversed.

The card second from the top of the staff represents your hopes, fears, or an unexpected element that will come into play. Five of Swords.

The card at the top of the staff represents the ultimate outcome should you continue on this course. Five of Cups .

2 comments:

Shingo T said...

Here's what's common about the 3 of us.

We love to play table tennis. =p

7-8 said...

Yeh. I knew it had to be something.