Sunday, 30 November 2008

Stalker

Some longtime readers of my blog will remember when I used to stalk this chick who was living in my block. It was hard work. I didn't want to loiter around the void deck waiting for her to appear, but I had to time my arrival down the path which leads down to the MRT, and hope to bump into her along the way. I seldom made it on time, and I almost never got to see her. In the evenings I had to be there before 8. In the mornings I had to be downstairs between 7 and 8. I never made the morning hours: I guess I loved my one hour more of sleep more than I loved her.

Even when I was actively stalking her, and this was over a 6 month period, I bumped into her no fewer than 10 times. After 1 or 2 dates she decided I wasn't right for her, I suspect it had to do with her religious tendencies (holier than thou?) among other reasons but looking back now it's impossible for me to be with somebody who cannot tolerate my flippant attitude towards religion.

Why am I bringing this up? Well there is an ex-colleague of mine who used to join us for Wednesday games. He stopped joining us because he's got to take care of his kid but that's not the only reason. He's since left the company but less than 2 weeks ago I bumped into him. I bumped into him a few times: I guess we have mutual friends: at weddings and at shopping malls, but this time it was my void deck. So I asked him what are you doing on my turf? Guess what, he's now my neighbour. And guess what, I've bumped into him 4 times in the space of 10 days.

OK, I enter and leave my apartment at times that are more compatible with his but I wish I bumped into that chick as often as I bump into him. I have nothing against him but he's just not somebody with great legs, beautiful eyes and a saintly aura.

No comments: